Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Thinking! Why do I blog?

I find myself reading a lot of post, but not knowing what I really want to blog about. 
I wanted to blog about great technology that I have used in my class, and I did for a bit.  I wanted to share what I had learned with other teachers, especially math teachers. 
Great thought, didn't work.  I blogged, but not consistently, and nobody read them.....at least that's what I think.  But does it matter if no one comments on your post? I've decided no.
 The fact that I, a math teacher, with little writing skills, have set out to write about math is good enough.  I wanted to share what I've learned and try to get techy in my classroom, and I have done that.  I still need a lot of work on the blogging and I am going to do more of that starting today.  Sometimes just thinking about what to write about can seem overwhelming.  Sometimes we just need to dive in.  I will say that I tend to live on Twitter more than I blog.  I love Twitter.  I have learned so much from following great people like @coolcatteacher, @teachingwthsoul, @web20classroom, @rmbyme, @MrZerber and the list could go on.  I check out hash tags such as #mathchat, #icafelc, #edchat, #edtech and so many more. 
All the technology, with the exception of Twitter, I learned from developing my PLN(Personal learning network).  Where did I build my PLN?  From Twitter.  My district is awesome and offers great training for teachers in all things "techy".  I attended Interact and got my feet wet, but truly didn't know what I was doing.  I then joined a group of educators from my district as we  put on the first ever iMath training three years ago.  While developing our plan and goals and revisiting many techy ideas from Interact, I started Tweeting and mostly following lots of great people(Thanks to @ChrisNilsson & @chadtheteacher).  My kids said a monster was born!!!! Ok, I like to learn, and I love sharing what I have discovered with others.  But sometimes, time just slips away and how I share becomes a web with no real pattern. 
  As with all new bloggers my url is not the easiest.....something to share with new bloggers...don't use crazy long url's like mine: chanceinmath2010.blogspot.com.  What was I thinking? Oh, I wasn't thinking, I just wanted to blog!  Now, it is time to dive in and stay. So I hope to blog more and about all things, not just math and technology. Of course I will still be living on Twitter and my new passion Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment