Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NT BOOTCAMP WK 5

Week 5 asked us to start a blog via Edublogs, wordpress or blogspot. I of course have been blogging now for 2 months. I actually set up this blog site over a year ago and thought I would start my journey then. But I got side tracked and found my way back when I was asked be a part of our districts iMath committee again this year. We have great technology colleagues in our district and Chris Nilsson and Chad Jones stopped by to talk technology and iPads with us. I was re introduced to twitter and my tech bug was started again. I decided that I would devote the Chanceinmath2010 blog to technology. What was it and how was I going to use this tech tool in my class. Gatormath7 is my classroom blog site for just my students and I.

I try to post a blog once a week, usually Sunday mornings before church, but not always. You have to find the time and just set it aside. I really like expressing my thoughts about all the great technology that I am learning. I hope that others share their thoughts and advice about the tools they have discovered or used.

Today I gave two 35 min sessions on why you should blog in the classroom at iMath 2011. I gathered all of my material from fellow colleagues and blogs I have read over the last two months. I might have given too much information, but I wanted the participants to be able to sit down and go through the material at their pace. I do think our district needs to offer a blogging 101 for beginners that actually helps teachers set up and create a classroom blog.

I am attaching my presentation here. Take a look, and run through a blog or tutorial. If your not blogging, why not start today?(You need to right click and download in order to view these powerpoints once you open the google doc.) Blogging & iPad presentations, iMath 2011
Here is my wiki for NT BOOTCAMP

No comments:

Post a Comment