Monday, August 6, 2012

T3 In LCISD

       This will be a very short post.  Just wanted to let everyone know that T3 is happening in LCISD August 7th. Yep, Tomorrow.  I, like a crazy person, will be presenting two sessions.  I think I am a little nervous, but I am also excited about sharing what I have learned over the past year with technology in my classroom.
      So here it is: 9:30 to 10:30 I will be presenting Twitter & The Math Class - Let's Get Techy. Then right after that session I will be presenting my iPads/iTouch for iMath.
     The first session is about "some" of the neat techy stuff I have discovered from my PLN off of Twitter.  Yes, I said Twitter.  Everything in my presentation, I discovered from following great educators that have shared their wealth of knowledge.  Of course I had to check out the link and learn about the tool or resource on my own.
     The second session I tweaked a bit from my CAMT 2012 presentation and thought I would share what I have learned about using iPads and iTouches in the math classroom.  My students love to get on these devices.  If I could find a way to teach every lesson with one, I would. I just might, but I would need more than 3 in my classroom!  But I am one of the lucky ones, in that I do have more than 1 in my class. 
     I have attached a link here to google docs and my project folder.  I have put both presentations in the project folder and I have also made an Edmodo group -Techy Math (sijoe4) and both presentations are there if you would prefer to get the presentations that way.  You will also find a lot of other gyms in that folder, so check it out.  Hope to see you at T3 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment